ADRENALINE PUMPING | BREATHTAKING SCENERY | BEAUTIFUL MACHINERY | UNUSUAL CAMARADERIE
6th ANNUAL TOUR TO GRUENE
JANUARY 15, 2023 | TOUR #116
REGISTERED DRIVERS & NAVIGATORS
1. Blake & Shana 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2. Josh & Ang 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
3. Greg & Tempa 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo
4. Thomas 2014 Porsche Cayman
5. Norbert 2017 BMW Alpina B6
6. Bill & Sandra 2021 BMW Z4
7. Arol 2002 BMW M5
8. Pratap and Brian 2022 Tesla Model 3
9. Esteban & Veronica 2017 Mercedes Benz AMG GT
10. Christopher & Conchis 2014 Porsche 911 4S
11. Marcelo and Enzo 2007 Porsche 911 GT3
12. Robert & Julie 2022 Aston Martin DBX
13. Mack & Sherri 2016 Ford Mustang 5.0 Rousch
14. Liam (Norbert's son) 2017 Golf GTI MK7 Autobahn
15. Wes 1992 Camaro B4C
16. JP 2023 Porsche Taycan GTS
17. Garland 2017 BMW 440i
18. Rusty & Betty 2001 Porsche 911 Coupe
19. Sean 2008 Ferrari F430
20. Tareq & Rebeccca 2012 Porsche 911 S
21. Janna 2022 Lexus RC F Fuji Spwy Edition
plus The Tourmaster and his lovely wife and navigator
TOTAL COUNT: 35 participants in 22 cars
COME JOIN US for a fun cool morning drive on scenic and twisty hill country roads to beautiful downtown Gruene for lunch.
The 6th Annual Tour to Gruene is intended to be a social and sight-seeing tour to allow all participants, including spouses and other guests, to enjoy each other's company and the sights and sounds of the hill country. The first half of the tour will be spirited and the second half will be leisurely.
Gruene is a wonderful tourist spot. After lunch, you may explore the town on foot and return to Austin at your leisure.
Start Location: This is a semi-private event. To avoid unwanted attention, the start location will be announced via email to registered drivers a few days before the event. (Hint: It will be in southwest Austin)
Sunday, January 15
7:28 AM Sunrise
7:30 AM Social starts (come as early as you like)
8:00 AM Roll call (MANDATORY)
8:02 AM Group photos
8:10 AM Drivers Meeting
8:20 AM Ladies and gentlemen! Start your engines!
8:22 AM Radio test
8:30 AM Let's go to Gruene!
10:40 AM Arrival at restaurant in small hill country town for lunch
10:50 AM Group photo at restaurant
Driver Notes will be handed out at the Drivers Meeting.
There will be one (FUN) restroom break during the run.
Length of Tour Before Lunch = 100 miles
Return trip to Austin = 55 miles
If you have a question, please email The Tourmaster directly at Tourmaster@DrivingAdventuresUSA.com
1. REGISTRATION FEE (per car) -- $48
2. REFUNDABLE SAFETY DEPOSIT (per car) -- $104 ($100 is refundable)
If you are one of the 40+ people who already have a Safety Deposit on file (you know who you are), do NOT send a Safety Deposit.
THE REFUNDABLE SAFETY DEPOSIT IS TO:
- Motivate participants to be present on-time at the mandatory check-ins, vehicle inspection, radio check, and drivers meetings and arrive equipped with a working FRS radio.
- Motivate participating drivers to complete the tour by following all the driving rules outlined in the Participant Guide.
Every participant who follows all the rules listed here and elsewhere (see above, Participant Guide and Terms & Conditions) will receive A FULL REFUND OF THEIR SAFETY DEPOSIT. Please read the Terms & Conditions regarding the Registration Fee, Safety Deposit, refunds, cancelling or transferring your registration, and many other topics.
3. HIGH-POWER (8 WATT) BAOFENG HANDHELD RADIO (OPTIONAL) (LINK)
with 22 FRS/GMRS channels pre-programmed: $85
The Tourmaster will purchase this radio brand new and program all 22 FRS and GMRS channels for you. The new radio will be assembled, charged, programmed, and ready for your use at the start of the event, and you can take it home afterward with its original box and accessories.
STEP #1: SEND PAYMENT
Send Registration Fee and Refundable Safety Deposit (and fee for optional pre-programmed high power radio if you desire).
STEP #2: CONFIRMATION
The Tourmaster will confirm receipt of your registration and payment via email. Your information will be used strictly for purposes of organizing this tour only.
STEP #3: GET READY
Get yourself and your car ready for a great time!
If you have a question, please email The Tourmaster at Tourmaster@DrivingAdventuresUSA.com